What is Pediatric Dentistry?
Pediatric dentistry includes a wide range of services designed to meet the unique oral health needs of children as they grow and develop. Dr. Zarghouni offers comprehensive care for pediatric patients of all ages, including:
– Orthodontics, like early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth or correcting a bite with traditional braces or Fastbraces
– Emergency care for fractured teeth, knocked-out permanent teeth, or other urgent dental problems
– Gum condition management, including ulcers and pediatric periodontal disease
– Preventive dental care like cleanings, exams, fluoride treatments, and sealants
– Infant oral health exams and cavity risk assessments
– Custom-fitted mouth guards for young athletes
Sedation options for anxious, nervous, or special needs children
Dr. Zarghouni also offers dietary recommendations to support optimal oral health, as well as advice on how to curtail undesirable oral health habits like pacifier use or thumb-sucking.
When should my baby first visit the dentist?
A common issue that should be caught as quickly as possible is baby bottle tooth decay, which occurs when the sugary substances in breast milk, formula, or juice combine with saliva and pool inside your baby’s mouth. Left untreated, this problem can cause premature tooth decay that affects the proper formation of a child’s permanent teeth.
Arezo Zarghouni, DDS
General & Cosmetic Dentist located in Houston, TX
Beginning in early childhood and extending through adolescence, children have unique oral health needs at each stage of development.
At Prestigious Smiles Family Dentistry in Houston, pediatric specialist Dr. Arezo Zarghouni and her team are dedicated to helping young patients build a foundation for good oral health that will last a lifetime.
To learn more or schedule your child’s next exam, call the office or book an appointment online today.