What Are Implants Made from?
Dental implants contain an implant stud made from a very strong and durable metal. Titanium is the first choice for this, as it is one of the strongest metals known to us. The visible crown is made from dental-grade ceramic, a highly durable and customizable material that is perfect for fabricating restorations. Together, they form a complete restoration that replaces the tooth as a whole.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Implants?
- Implants restore your ability to bite and chew foods as usual.
- They are long-lasting restorations, with instances of implants lasting for more than 20 years in some individuals.
- Implants improve jawbone health as they keep the bone from deteriorating, thanks to the screw-like grooves on the surface of the implant stud.
- The ceramic crown can be customized to mimic the aesthetics of the natural teeth perfectly, which helps keep the prosthetic tooth indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- Implants prevent the adjoining natural teeth from drifting from their orthodontically correct positions.
- Implants offer impressive stability as they are placed directly in the jawbone.
How Is an Implant Placed?
At Prestigious Smiles, dental implants require the patient to satisfy a few physical conditions to be deemed suitable for the restoration. Some of them are adequate jawbone volume, ample spacing for implant placement, a good overall state of health, willingness to undergo multiple oral surgeries, etc. Once these factors are met, we will confirm your eligibility. X-rays and digital scans of the mouth will be taken to get a better view of the jawbone and tooth roots as well.
During the initial surgery, we will administer local anesthesia to numb the oral tissues before making a small hole in the jawbone. Dr. Zarghouni will meticulously place the implant stud in the hole and secure it firmly with dental adhesives. After a healing period of a few months, we will schedule the follow-up consultation to place the abutment and ceramic crown on it. The crown will be attached to the implant after confirming its alignment and position. We will then take a bite test and polish the crown to make it appear as pleasing as possible.
We invite you to schedule a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Zarghouni, to get all your oral concerns addressed at the earliest. Please call us at (281) 880-6666 or reach out through online consultation and we’ll be happy to help.