What is Same-Day Dentistry?
The conventional means of getting dental restorations fabricated usually take a few days. The dentist will initially take a mold of the teeth by asking you to bite into a piece of gooey material. It will be used to create a physical impression of the tooth, which is used as a reference for fabricating the restoration. Although it is fairly accurate, the restorations may sometimes be out of shape or sized differently.
With same-day dentistry, this process is replaced by a highly advanced and computer-guided system. CEREC incorporates CAD/CAM technology, where scanning the teeth is carried out using a hand-held digital scanner. A digital mold of the tooth will be created and input to a computer-guided milling machine. It mills out the restoration from a small block of ceramic quickly, usually in a few minutes. We will retrieve the restoration and make subtle changes to its structure before bonding it to the tooth.
What are the Advantages of Same Day Services?
As opposed to the conventional means of fabricating restorations, which take up to two weeks to be finished, one can opt for the same-day services to get the restorations on the same day.
- Same-day services save the patient and dentist a lot of time.
- The restorations fabricated by the computer-guided system are highly precise in terms of color, texture, size, and contour.
- With CEREC, patients wouldn’t have to bite into a gooey substance for taking the impression of the tooth.
- An array of restorations can be fabricated using CEREC, such as dental crowns, veneers, bridges, inlays, onlays, etc.
- The restorations obtained through this method offer excellent strength, durability, and longevity.
We request you to schedule a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Zarghouni, to get all your oral concerns addressed at the earliest. Please call us at (281) 880-6666 or reach out through online consultation, and we’ll be happy to help.