Invisalign treats a variety of dental issues such as crooked teeth, crowded teeth, and problems with the bite alignment. Invisalign makes you look good and feel special about your smile. Wouldn’t it be too bad if you cannot make it look good in return? By failing to clean them? The latter can result in discoloration of Invisalign and accumulation of bacteria that causes odor and affects your oral health. Therefore, wearing and cleaning Invisalign both are a part of your treatment.
Let us have a look at some dos and don’ts of cleaning Invisalign.
- Do remove your Invisalign in the morning and evening and rinse them thoroughly. Bacteria and dried saliva can build upon them while you sleep; therefore, cleaning them is very important for your oral health. You can use anti-bacterial soap and a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean them. This way, you can remove any stuck particles easily, and it makes the aligners look clean and clear.
- For at least once a day, soak your Invisalign in a denture cleaner or Invisalign cleaning crystals. Soaking for a while makes them look and smell good. After that, use a toothbrush to remove any food particles.
- Keeping your teeth clean and clear is very important for your oral health. Thoroughly brush and floss your teeth before putting back the Invisalign
- Don’t ever leave your Invisalign out in the open. It will cause a buildup of bacteria on them, and you might lose or damage them.
- While wearing Invisalign, the only drink you can have is water. To eat or drink anything else, you must take them out. It is important because food particles can get stuck and can stain and damage the Invisalign.
- To clean the Invisalign, avoid the use of colored toothpaste or scented soaps because they can leave residues that cause discoloration.
If you have any questions related to Invisalign or anything about cleaning them, call Prestigious Smiles Dentistry on 281-880-6666 and talk to our experts.