Dental veneers have been used for many years now in the treatment of cosmetic oral concerns. They are extremely thin, wafer-like pieces of porcelain that are bonded to the frontal surface of the teeth. In some instances, veneers can also be made from dental-grade composite resin.
Applications of Dental Veneers
At Prestigious Smiles, we use veneers to treat the following oral conditions:
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Excessive teeth discoloration
- Exposed root surfaces
- Naturally misshapen teeth
- Excessively spaced teeth
Why Should You Choose Veneers?
- Veneers are highly durable and strong, despite their thin structure. They stay as good as new for many years without undergoing significant wear or damage.
- They are highly versatile, as they can be used for restorative as well as cosmetic purposes.
- Veneers are simple restorations. They can be fabricated and bonded to the teeth easily in no more than two visits to our dental practice.
- Veneers can be customized as required to match the exact aesthetics of the natural teeth to keep them indistinguishable from the adjoining teeth.
- Veneers restore both oral functionality and aesthetics in one go.
- During the preparation phase, the dentist need not remove a large amount of enamel from the teeth. It helps to save a majority of the teeth’ tissues.
How Is a Veneer Placed?
When you visit us for the initial consultation, Dr. Zarghouni will conduct a thorough screening of the teeth and determine your need for the veneers. X-rays and oral scans will be taken to get a better view of the teeth and to understand the severity of the damage to them if any. We will then remove a thin layer of enamel from the teeth to make space for the veneer. Digital impressions of the tooth will be created, which will serve as a reference for fabricating the restoration. You may be provided with temporary veneers in the meantime.
We will share the digital impression with a dental laboratory where the veneer will be fabricated within a few days. Once the veneer is ready for bonding, we will remove the temporary restoration from the tooth and clean it. The surface of the tooth receiving the restoration will be etched to make it rough. This process ensures the veneer adheres well to the tooth surface and keeps from getting dislodged. Once it is bonded with the help of dental adhesives, we will take a bite test and polish the veneer to enhance its aesthetics.
What are Lumineers®?
Lumineers® is a thin layer of porcelain and another way of improving the smile of a patient. The layer is thinner than that of veneer and can be easily attached to fix teeth with fracture, discoloration, breakage, or gaps between them. One of the important things to be noted about Lumineers® is that the teeth require little to no prep for the procedure.
What is the process involved to adhere Lumineers®?
At Prestigious Smiles Family Dentistry, you can get your customized Lumineers® in just two dental visits. In the initial appointment, Dr. Zarghouni, our dentist, takes digital images of the teeth and sends over the impressions of the required tooth/teeth to the dental lab to get them prepared. Once they are ready, you will have to come for another appointment during which the dentist will adhere them to the required teeth. We will check if it fits well and also if you are comfortable.
We invite you to schedule a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Zarghouni, to get all your oral concerns addressed at the earliest. Please call Dentist in Houston TX at (281) 880-6666 or reach out through online consultation and we’ll be happy to help.